We are snowed in and I can’t think of a better time to do a little baking! Today I’m making gluten-free Valentine’s Day cookies that are so delicious! Plan to mix your ingredients up a couple of hours prior to rolling out your dough and make sure you have plenty of pink or red sprinkles :)
For our gluten-free Valentine’s Day cookies I used Robs Red Mill 1 to 1 flour. One to one means you can exchange 1 cup of Robs Red Mill flour with one cup of regular All -Purpose Flour. After refrigerating the dough for a couple hours I let it sit on the counter until I can roll it out with as little flour as possible. Too much flour tends to make the cookies too dense.
If you want to make these as “healthy” as possible, try something like Organic Vanilla Frosting by Wholesome. It still has plenty of sugar and fat but what you won’t see is a lot of preservatives, additives, and the like.
Shop my kitchen!
Gluten Free Valentine's Day Cookies
These are prepared with gluten free flour and frosted with regular store bought frosting and also an organic variety. The difference is texture, not taste :)
- 3 cups 1 to 1 Rob Mills Gluten Free Flour (you can also use all-purpose flour)
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp almond, coconut, or cows milk
1. Sift flour and baking powder into a large bowl
2. In another bowl, blend sugar and butter until creamy.
3. Add egg, lemon zest, vanilla, and salt.
4. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and blend.
5. Divide dough into 2 balls and refrigerate for 2 hours.
6. Remove dough and roll out onto lightly floured surface.
7. Use your favorite heart shape to cut out your cookies and carefully place on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
8. Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for about 7 minutes. The cookies should be removed before they start to brown. I allow mine to finish cooking on my cookie tray.
9. Cool slightly and frost.