I love this idea! A table setting with just a touch of flea market finds and spring flowers. I used vintage flatware, glasses, and dishes to set the table. The tablecloth is not ironed. Linen works well for a casual table setting. It’s the flowers though that actually take center stage here. Last week I picked daffodils at our local farm. After a week or so, rather than tossing them out I decided to use them for table decor! I cut the heads off a dozen or so daffodils for a playful Easter table. If you are looking for simple cottage farmhouse decorating ideas for Easter, follow along for lots of inspiration!
I planted about 50 daffodil varieties last fall in my garden, unfortunately they aren’t flowering yet. I found a local daffodil farm a few minutes from the house so we went there last weekend to pick a bouquet for my table decor.
How to set a simple table for Easter | Simple cottage farmhouse decorating ideas
Before buying anything, gather what you can from your home. I used the same dishes from last year. The only items purchased were the daffodils.
- Begin with a linen: I used my neutral table linen for my simple Easter table. You can also use a runner if you’d like.
- Gather your favorite dishes and flatware. My vintage dishes are perfect for Easter and I never tire of them. I cleaned up my vintage flatware and added those pieces in. All of the vintage flatware is unique. It’s so much fun to pull out every now and then.
- Add your favorite linen napkins. Display simply or you can get fancy! Last year I made bunny ear napkins. See the tutorial here!
- Clip the heads off of 2 dozen daffodils and create a nature inspired centerpiece. The flowers steal the show! No need for anything else!
- Add your favorite vintage glasses and candles if you’d like.
Check out these other Easter inspired blog posts!