It’s pumpkin carving time! Instead of carving out a large pumpkin to make a Jack o’lantern try this! A trio looks so pretty on the table, island, or vignette and takes less than 20 minutes to make!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 3 tea lights
- 3 pumpkins
- a carving knife or use a clipper for the stem and a drill to make a hole in the top of your pumpkin
- accessories for your vignette (linen, colored corn cobs, seasonal flowers, ceramics, etc..)
How to make pumpkin candle holders
- Using a pencil, trace the outline of a tea light on each pumpkin. This will serve as your stencil for carving.
- Remove the stem and set aside to ‘dry’ and use on faux pumpkins to make them look real.
- Next you will need to cut out a spot for your candle. Using a sharp knife, cut along the pencil line and pop off the top and scoop out enough seeds to allow for your tea light to be set inside.
- Create a vignette with a pretty linen, colorful corn husks, or foliage.
Pro tip: Refrigerate pumpkins after use so they will last longer!