I definitely take a minimalist approach when it comes to decorating for this holiday. We don’t make to big of a to-do about Valentine’s Day but we do indulge in a little dark chocolate, always flowers, and maybe a handmade heart or two. Anyway there are lots of simple and pretty Valentine’s Day decor options if you are looking to purchase something.
Valentine’s Day is all about love. Love for ourselves and others. When the kids were little I’d go all out with DIY Valentine’s Day decorations but over time of pared down and focus more on maybe one or two DIY’s and always flowers. If you have kiddos, it’s fun to create signed handmade hearts to give to teachers, friends, and family.
Here are a few ways to decorate for Valentine’s Day
- DIY heart made from wooden beads
- Bake heart shaped cookies
- Simple Valentine’s Day decor for your home
- How to Make a Decadent Gluten-free Chocolate Cake (perfect for Valentine’s Day)
- Valentine’s Heart Shaped Cake
How to purchase flowers on-line
Since moving to the country it’s not as easy for me to get to the market for flowers so I’ve explored on-line flower companies. My plan this year is to mix faux with fresh. Here is a round up of my favorite companies to order on-line fresh, faux, or dried flowers.
- Afloral: I ordered my holiday garland from them and it was perfect. For Valentine’s Day I ordered peonies.
- Urban Stems: Right now, use the code CANDY at check out for a FREE Sugarfina 2 Piece Bento Box!
- Benchmark Blooms/Amazon: If you like shopping Amazon, this is a simple and easy option.
- Williams-Sonoma: So many pretties here! Love the wreaths and dried arrangements too!
- Bloomist: This is my go-to spot year round. If you’d like to put a dried or faux arrangement together that your friend or family member can year round, this is a good spot to look. You’ll find gorgeous dried flowers, vases, and greens to choose from.flower
More Valentine’s Day Decor ideas!
I hope you enjoyed my Valentine’s Day decor ideas and found something you liked! If you decorate your home for Valentine’s Day I’d love to see your cozy space! Tag me at @lemongrovelane.