White Chocolate Cheesecake
I hosted a dinner party last week and wanted to serve something other than traditional Christmas cookies for dessert. White Chocolate Cheesecake with frosted cranberries was perfect and everyone loved it. I figured that because it’s so rich I’d be able to freeze some. It was gone in 2 days!
Instead of making a traditional graham cracker crust I use Oreo cookies, minus the cream from the middle. Side note: were you one of those kids that ate the middle of an Oreo ??
Full disclosure, I am not a baker. This isn’t a perfect cheesecake visually but it’s so good!
When you are gathering your ingredients, place them on the counter so they at room temperature when you use them. Make sure to bake your cheesecake in a water bath.
Line the exterior of a spring form pan with foil and place on a cooking tray. Add a couple inches of water. You are making a bath for your cheesecake!
How to make white chocolate cheesecake
- First you’ll need to make an Oreo crust. I use about a cup and a half of cookies, minus the white filling.
- Using a little butter, press the ground cookies into the spring form pan. Bake for 10 minutes and allow to cool.
- In a standup mixer, whip the cream cheese.
- Add the sugar, salt, vanilla, and then 1 egg at a time.
- Pour into spring form pan and bake for 1.5 hours.
- Turn off oven and allow cheesecake to sit in the oven with the door ajar for about an hour.
- Serve chocolate chip cheesecake with sugared cranberries.
How to make sugared cranberries
Combine 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup sugar in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat until the sugar dissolves and the mixture comes to a simmer. Cool the syrup to room temperature.
When the syrup cools, add the cranberries and stir to coat. Use a slotted spoon to remove the cranberries from the syrup and place them on a cooling rack. Allow to drain and dry for about an hour. Save the syrup for cocktails!
Once the cranberries are dry, roll in sugar.
White Chocolate Cheesecake
This is perfect for an adult dinner party. Serve cheesecake in addition to, or instead of holiday cookies.
- 28 Oreo Cookies, use just the cookie - not the frosting
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 32 ounces cream cheese
- 1 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup course chopped cranberries
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- For the top I melted about a 1/2 cup white chocolate chips with a tablespoon or so of cream. It's best to use a double broiler for this. Careful not to burn your chocolate chips.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Add crushed Oreos and butter into a 9 inch spring form pan. Press the cookies and butter into the pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and cool.
- Wrap the lower part of the pan with 3 layers of foil. Place on baking sheet with an inch or so of water.
- In a bowl of a stand up mixture with a paddle attachment, whip cream cheese until creamy.
- Add sugar and eggs one at a time.
- Add salt and vanilla and whip until combined.
- Pour cheesecake into prepared springform pan and bake for 1 1/2 hours at 325 degrees F.
- When the top is golden brown, turn off the oven. Crack the door and allow cheesecake to sit in the oven while the oven door is cracked. Leave in the oven for about an hour.
- Remove cheesecake and refrigerate for at least an hour or overnight.
- Dress with sugared cranberries and white chocolate sauce.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.