As of late I’ve been trying to sip tea rather than coffee as an afternoon pick me up. Instead of purchasing traditional tea bags I’ve been experimenting and come up with a few favorite tea blends that I thought would be fun to share. Do you drink tea?
Truth be told I enjoy my morning coffee and will not give that up. Caffeine in moderation is fine in my book providing it’s not causing an tummy distress or impacting your ability to sleep well.
In the winter sipping something warm in the afternoon is both calming and comforting. Rather than pouring another cup of coffee, I’ve tried to switch to teas. My tip for making the switch is to keep experimenting with different blends until you come up with your own list of favorite tea blends. If you talk to any tea-lover they always say the simply the act of making tea is calming.
Favorite Tea Blends: what you’ll need
- Tea Kettle: There are so many to choose from! From contemporary to vintage, choose something that fits with your kitchen decor. Mine is an an vintage cooper kettle. It doesn’t whistle and the lid is slightly off.
- Favorite Mug: Choose a mug that feels cozy when you hold it. I like the feel of ceramic.
- Choose a Tea Mix: Buy your tea in bulk on line or at your natural foods market.
- Use an air tight container to store your tea blends.
- Mesh tea ball or disposable tea bags
- Linen and pot pad
This is all about personal preference. If you are skipping caffeine, stay away from black, green, or chai as all contain small amounts of caffeine.
As a general rule I use these proportions:
- 1/2 cup CHAI
- 1/4 cup Orange spice tea
- 1/2 cup CHAI
- 1/4 cup Rosehips
Bring water to a boil and pour over mesh tea ball. Seep for 2 minutes. Add honey or cinnamon stick if desired.