I’m always looking for ways to add cruciferous veggies to our plates. Cabbage is packed fiber and antioxidants that help our body fight free radical damage. I make mine with avocado mayo and tahini, it’s delicious! You can also try making a dairy free mayo using ‘soaked’ cashews (recipe below).
What are some of the health benefits of cabbage?
- Cabbage is a low calorie and rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
- Red cabbage contains extra Vitamin C and adds lovely color to your salad.
- Try making Sauerkraut! During the fermentation process it makes natural probiotics that nourish the bacteria in your gut. Those bacteria can help our body fight germs, absorb nutrients, and digest food. Try my Sauerkraut recipe!
Try this coleslaw on its own or enjoy as a topping for burgers or tacos. Creamy, crunchy, and so delicious!
- 4 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1-2 carrots, shredded
- ⅓ cup roasted sunflower seeds
- a hand full of micro greens (optional)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 lime, juiced
- ⅓ cup tahini plus 1 Tbsp. avocado mayo
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp of honey
- Shred cabbage and carrots and then toss in a large bowl.
- Sprinkle cabbage and carrot mix with a little bit of sea salt and allow to sit for 10 minutes to help soften the cabbage.
- Place dressing ingredients in a blender or bowl and whisk by hand until creamy.
- Toss coleslaw salad with dressing and sprinkle with sunflower seeds. Enjoy!