By the end of February I’m ready to freshen up our home for spring. If feels good to strip away the layers that accumulate over the winter and start again with a blank palette. Today I am focusing on how I decorated my bedroom for spring.
When can I begin decorating for spring?
When to decorate for spring isn’t so much about a start date or change in weather. Instead it’s more about when your feel the desire to give your home a fresh look. Many associate spring with Easter and deocrate several weeks prior to the holiday.
Budget friendly tips for decorating your bedroom for spring
Springtime brings a renewed sense of energy. The days grow longer, the sun feels warm, and the world around us is blooming. Now is a good time to breathe new life into your home by incorporating the beauty of the season into your design. Let’s begin in your bedroom, the place you begin and end your day.
How I decorated my bedroom for spring
- Edit: Restore tranquility by doing a good cleaning and decluttering. Donate or toss items that aren’t essential to your day.
- Get creative with patterns and textures: Try adding a new color or textile to your bed. I chose this gorgeous pillow and love how it pops in front of my linen pillows. This can be as simple as a throw or experimenting with the look and feel of new textures can bring a refreshed vibe to your bedroom.
- Balance neutrals with pops of color: I’m a neutral girl at heart so when spring comes around I have the perfect canvas to play with color and vibrant accents. Pillows, throws and spring hues add welcome color to the otherwise neutral background. This might also be a good time to consider a new paint color!
- Add life: Fresh flowers or a potted plant breath life into any space. I always have at least one flower on my bedroom side table. If I can’t find something fresh I’ll use something that’s been dried like these daisies.
- Natural fragrance: To help relax I add my favorite essential oils to my difusser and have that going through the night. A bedside candle is an added luxury and my current favorite is from St. Frank Textiles. I love that it’s clean burning and in a chic glass container.
- Remove heavy layers and replace with cotton or linen: Even though the temperatures are still chilly at night it feels good to remove winter sheets and replace them with linen. Linen is crisp and fresh feeling and is a welcome change after heavier winter sheets. I switched out the faux fur throw for this pretty linen throw.
Today I am partnering with St Frank Textiles to offer my readers a $50 gift card to use towards your first purchase of $250+
Use code Lemongrovelane50 at checkout to use your card!