Hello Friends! Many of you asked to see more details regarding my front urns so today I am sharing instructions and short vide to help you create the perfect holiday front porch.
We use mostly fresh greens in front with the exception of our wreaths. The garland is cut in 7 to 10 foot pieces, and then wired or tied to the area.
Step-by-Step: How to create a festive, holiday front porch
- I started with two faux wreaths and added silk and linen ribbon from Etsy. I used a dark colored command hook to attach to the ribbon to my door.
- We added wired garland to the surrounding area, along with a hello doormat and lantern from Pottery Barn.
- A small container of mixed greens and a few pine cones was added to the entrance.
- Fill your container with holiday greens. I already had some greenery, including some tall grass. I removed the pansies and add silver fur, noble fur, eucalyptus, magnolia, and birch wood to my urn. Ideally you want to tallest item to be center and then all you need to do is add a few pieces around the center to create a lovely display of greenery.
- Last I added in a couple faux pieces for a pop of color.
Photos by Jenny Ostenson Photography.
Our latest video!
Shop my front porch!