Looking for a quick meal that everyone will enjoy? Easy Spaghetti Limone (lemon spaghetti) can be make in just minutes and is the perfect weeknight pasta recipe! Top with Pancetta, lemon zest, a few cranks of black pepper, and extra Parmesan cheese for a delicious dinner.
Why we like Easy Spaghetti Limone (lemon spaghetti)
The cheese lemon flavor is perfect for springtime. Add fresh basil and plenty of lemon zest! The men in my life like a little protein so I add cooked pancetta (or bacon). You can opt out of this step if you’d like!
Can you add lemon juice to pasta?
Yes! For 12 ounces of cooked pasta, squeeze 1/2 lemon evenly over the dish. Lemons are a flavor enhancer just like salt. A fresh squeeze brings out the acidity of tomatoes and enhances the flavor of noodles, making the dish more savory.
How to make Easy Spaghetti Limone (lemon spaghetti)
- Boil the spaghetti in salted water according to package directions
- Grate lemon zest and squeeze lemon juice into a bowl
- Mix in Parmesan cheese
- Add olive oil and stir
- Spoon a couple tablespoons of pasta water into the cheese and lemon mixture and stir
- When spaghetti is done, drain and toss in a bowl with the lemon and cheese mixture
- Add salt and pepper plus lots of basil and pancetta if you’d like
- Serve with a fresh salad if you’d like
What should I serve with lemon pasta?
Serve with a lemony dessert like this gluten free lemon cake!
If you prepare this dish and enjoy it, please give it a 5 star rating! This helps others see the recipe when they are searching for Spaghetti Limone :)
- 12 ounces spaghetti
- 1 lemon
- 1 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp pasta water
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup fresh basil garnish
- 4 ounces pancetta or bacon
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tbsp minced shallot
- Optional: Cook pancetta or bacon until done. Transfer to plate. Add shallot and garlic and gently cook until flavors are combined.
- Boil spaghetti in salted water according to package instructions
- Using a micro plane grate the lemon zest from one lemon into a bowl
- Cut the lemon in half and squeeze the juice into the bowl
- Add olive oil and Parmesan cheese, stir to combine
- When pasta is cooked, drain and reserve 4 tbsp pasta water. Add the pasta water to the lemon and cheese mixture, stir to combine
- Place pasta in a serving bowl. Add lemony cheese mixture and stir
- Serve pasta with pancetta and fresh basil.
Spaghetti Limone can be served as is or with a seafood or spinach salad. Top with pancetta if you’d like.