These donuts are so simple to make and guess what? .. no electric mixer is needed! Baked with classic warming spices associated with fall and loaded with pumpkin, these donuts are sure to be on rotation all season long! These baked donuts even taste better the day after. These donuts are moist and flavorful with an orangey hue. Finish them with a dusting of cinnamon sugar for the perfect fall treat!
Ingredients to have on hand
The ingredients are simple and it’s likely you won’t need to run out to get anything other than canned pumpkin. If you are super organized and have time make pumpkin purée, go for it! You will also need oil, I use avocado or olive oil, flour (gluten free, Einkorn, or All-Purpose), pumpkin pie spice, and lots of cinnamon. Some recipes call for canola oil. If you’d rather not use canola oil try avocado or olive oil. Both oils are heart healthy and are fine for baking provided your baking temperature does not exceed 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
How to make baked pumpkin donuts
Gather all your ingredients. In a bowl, add your dry ingredients. In another bowl, whisk melted butter, oil, pumpkin, vanilla, and sugar. Once mixed, add the eggs. Stir until combined and then fill your donut pan about 3/4 full. Remove donuts from pan when done and then dip the tops in melted butter and follow with a dusting of cinnamon sugar. Store in whatever container you’d like and remember these are delicious the next day too!
- 1/4 cup melted butter plus another 1/4 to use after donuts have baked
- 1/4 cup avocado or olive oil
- 15 ounces canned pumpkin
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin spice
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour (gluten free flour also works)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In a small bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, pumpkin spice, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk pumpkin puree, sugar, melted butter, and oil.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla.
- Whisk for one to two minutes until everything is smooth and incorporated.
- Gradually stir in dry ingredients.
- Fill each pumpkin mold about 3/4 full.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for about 10 minutes. Remove from baking tray and dip the top of each donut in melted butter and dip in cinnamon sugar.
- Cinnamon Sugar: mix 1 part cinnamon to 4 parts sugar.