Whether you’re feeling a bit under the weather or coming inside after a long day of snow shoeing or skiing a Hot Toddy warms everything up.
The delightful spices (cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, etc) in this creamy tea mixture make this the ultimate warming cocktail for a cozy winter night. I like to serve this in copper mugs for a festive look.
How to Make a Spiced Chai Hot Toddy
Start by boiling water to make chai tea. Remove the pot from the heat and add the tea bags. Let steep for 3 to 6 minutes. Remove tea bags and add eggnog or milk and honey. Remove from heat and add whiskey or bourbon. Divide the mixture among two mugs and garnish with a sprinkle of nutmeg or cinnamon. I used my homemade pumpkin pie spice! Serve immediately.
Spiced Chai Hot Toddy
- 1 cup water
- 2 chai tea bags
- 1½ eggnog (you can also use milk plus 1/4 cup honey or nut milk)
- 4 ounces rum or whiskey
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract optional
- Top with ground cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, etc..
- Boil water for tea
- Add chai tea bags and seep for 3 to 5 minutes
- Cool slightly and add eggnog or milk mixture.
- Heat slowly and add 4 ounces of rum or whiskey plus vanilla
- Pour into mugs and top with cinnamon.