How to make a Creamsicle Smoothie with only 5 ingredients
A childhood classic, this Creamsicle Smoothie is delicious and nutritious. The sweet orange blended with banana and Greek yogurt lends itself to a creaminess that’s guaranteed to satisfy your craving for something citrusy.
This blog post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Smoothies are a wonderful way to add in extra nutrition, especially during cold and flu season when our immune systems can use an extra boost. My Creamsicle Smoothie is packed full of flavor and lots of vitamin C, a potent antioxidant that helps our bodies fight against harmful free radicals as well as boost our immune system. Vitamin C also helps our body form collagen for healthy skin, hair, and nails – and helps us absorb plant-based iron.
Want to connect on a more?
Find me and Lemon Grove Lane on
Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest!
The sweetness in my Creamsicle Smoothie comes from orange juice, frozen banana, local honey, and yogurt. I always use whole milk Greek yogurt for the extra protein and creaminess. If you are going vegan I recommend trying a coconut based yogurt.
Which foods contain vitamin C?
Aside from oranges, kiwi, potatoes, peppers, tomatoes, and berries all contain vitamin C. It’s important to remember though that as fruit oxidizes, the Vitamin C content is reduced. Refrigeration will help protect fruits from oxidation and loosing vitamin C.
How much Vitamin C do I need each day?
For adults, the recommended daily amount for vitamin C is 65 to 90 milligrams (mg) a day, and the upper limit is 2,000 mg a day. If you are nursing, a smoker, or have health issues you will likely need more. Here is a good sheet for reference.
Frequently asked questions about smoothies:
- What to put in smoothies to make them filling and satisfying: Greek yogurt or milk, protein powder, flax or Chia sees, nut butter, and mixed fruit.
- How do make smoothies creamy: Add avocado, yogurt, coconut meat, tofu, or frozen fruit.
- What fruit combinations go well together in smoothies? Avocado and papaya, cucumber, pear, and kale, Avocado, celery, cucumber, and lemon, papaya, pineapple, and lemon, orange and banana.
Creamsicle Smoothie Recipe
- 2 oranges, peeled plus the juice of one orange
- 1 large frozen banana
- 1 Tb honey
- 1 cup milk, or vanilla hemp or oat milk
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt (use coconut yogurt for dairy free option)
Optional ingredients: 1t teaspoon of vanilla extract, 1 cup fresh spinach, 1 tablespoon of hemp or ground chia seeds, your favorite vanilla protein powder. I rotate the protein powder add to my smoothies. Currently I am using Vega Essentials Shake plant based protein powder.
- Place frozen fruit and veggies if using, in the blender.
- Add liquids.
- Serve with orange garnish if desired.